Visitors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Gaijin Gal: Chaudalyn

I saw a secret this week that sparked some interest in me. . . .

Before I even get started with what I have to say, let me give you some background info on Chaudalyn.

She is from California, a gal mama (which she just gave birth to her baby girl, Congrats~) and she also has her own blog if you are interested:  www.chaudie.net

Now onward to the post.
I can honestly say I agree with this secret.  This does not look gyaru at all.  Chaudalyn you're nice and all but your gal style needs work.
At first I figured the creator of this secrets used a bad pictures of her, so I went on her blog to check out her pictures.  But, they all look like this.  I really don't see how you can call this Gal.

You are missing some key factors here:
~Lashes
~Eyeliner
~Blush/Bronzor
~Contouring of the face
~Eye make up
~Neat Eyebrows
~Mascara

I haven't seen any pictures of your hair so I can't comment on that, but in order to call yourself GAL you must be/look GAL.

I noticed on her blog she had a response to the secret.  Basically defending herself, which is fine and all, but I'm still going to agree with the secret.

Now in this first picture I made, I'm comparing Chaudalyn's eye make up with eye make up from a Gyaru.




You can clearly see the difference.


The left eye is an example of simple, 'natural' Gal make up. 
What Chaudalyn is missing is . . .well. . . .everything.
There's eyeliner, lashes, highlighting of the eye where its needed, mascara, and neutral colored eye shadow.
I noticed on her blog she said she doesn't like eyeliner, well sorry to say, but eyeliner is a big thing.  It also makes your eyes look bigger.  You don't have to wear much, especially if you're going for the 'natural gal' look.
  BUT YOU HAVE TO WEAR LASHES. LASHES. LASHES. LASHES, if you want that GAL look!  I cannot stress this enough.  Don't give an excuse like, 'ooohh but I don't like lashes', or, 'ohh they irritate my eyes', or, 'ohh they're too fake, and I don't want to be fake'.  Then don't be Gal.  I'm sorry.  You want to be a GAL? Well not only do you have to have the Gal attitude BUT you also have to have the Gal look. 

Don't let this discourage you, I'm sure once you perfect the make up, you'll look great~!  Practice makes perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Owaa..I really LOVE this post from you.
    You critize without being too rude WHILE you dont forgett to say things by name.
    I like that you checked out her blog to look if you can find anything good or galish.
    THIS is how to critize. Thank you for showing.
    I hope some people learn from you !!
    It is important to say if something isnt right or looks ugly BUT you need to be nice,too.
    Just being nice and saying " i love you. everything is SO gal " blabla or " srsly ur not gal u suck ur fat wash ur hair.ur boyfriend is ugly too " or wtf. Its ALL wrong. YOU made it right.

    Thank you :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind words!
    I'm glad you like this blog ^^

    I created it for the Gaijin Gal scene, so when I give concrit I do it nicely and don't bash them because I don't want to discourage anyone~

    Gal is very important to me~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was googling myself when I came across the second photo. Thanks for creating that. It's hard to find my eye shape on a gyaru. Looks like nana suzuki's eye too.

    ReplyDelete